• This website is the gateway to the Australian taxation world of regulation, lodgement and online payments. On this site you will find advice on lodging online, updating details and general tax information as it relates to preparing your tax documents. For information on lodgement dates or applying for an ABN or TFN, please scroll down the home page. For specific due dates please see 'Prepare and Lodge' under Tax Professionals. If you require specific advice please make an appointment with our friendly staff.
• ASIC: the Australian Securities and Investment Commission. This website is broken down into advice to businesses, finance professionals and consumers. On it you will find information regarding the latest ASIC rulings, regulations and media reports, forms regarding company titles and ASF licences and regulatory resources. For a specific query try the “use our online services” tab on the right hand side.
• MYOB, stands for Mind Your Own Business and specialises in “making business life easier for you!” with customised accounting software. This website is divided into pages dealing with small business, bigger business, accountants and partners and End of Financial Year (EOFY) information. MYOB offers specific accounting software solutions for your payroll, retail point of sale, CRM, job management and professional tax. At the bottom of the page you will find further information on Accounting software, payment solutions, POS and E-commerce software, business management tips and product support.
• Xero is an alternative accounting and bookkeeping software service which specialises in small business and bookkeeping. This website is divided into small business, accountants and bookkeepers. By scrolling down you can browse software features, plans and pricing and a get started kit, as well as interactive links on how to set up invoicing and quotes, inventory, paying employees and 500+third-party apps among other helpful hints.
• The Australian Tax Institute caters to professionals and tax enthusiasts. The webpage is divided into education, professional development, resources and advocacy. It promotes upcoming events, educational programs and tax knowledge exchange, books (including ebooks) and online journals.
PwC is an international tax media website which publishes articles on Australian taxation on their ‘Tax Talk’ page.
The Australian Tax Reporter website has links to the latest tax news and featured articles. The ART keeps people “up to date with easy to read and understand tax information written in plain English. Importantly we do not replace your accountant, as all of our many 1000”s of clients have an accountant, we strengthen the relationship between you and your accountant.”
The State Treasury home page has information on South Australian tax law changes and reforms.